113 comments posted · 3 followers · following 0

67 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - Estimated Tax Payment ... · 0 replies · +1 points

Hi Sharron! Glad you found your way back!

If you know you can't file by April 15, there are two things you should do:
1) File a tax extension. This gives you an extra 6 months to file your return without penalties, but it's not an extension to pay your tax bill.
2) Pay as much of your tax bill as you can before April 15. Even if you can't pay the full amount by the deadline, you'll reduce your penalties for paying late if you get ahead of it now. You can pay your bill without filing your return through the IRS.gov site: https://www.irs.gov/payments

We've got a post coming this week that's all about how to deal when you don't have time to file or money to pay your bill, but for now, here's last year's post on how to deal with paying your taxes after the April 15 deadline: https://www.1040.com/blog/2017/4/6/what-if-i-can-...

68 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - Your State Income Tax ... · 0 replies · +1 points

Looking for 2019 delays? Head to our most recent post on state refund delays here: https://www.1040.com/blog/2019/1/15/will-my-state...

69 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - Estimated Tax Payment ... · 2 replies · +1 points

Hi Becca! Instead of trying to make that last payment, just pay the remaining balance when you file your tax return. Since the Jan 15 deadline is past, you won't be able to make the estimated payment separate from your return. You'll definitely want to file as soon as possible, however, since the penalty for not paying by the deadline increases on a daily basis. Hope this helps!

69 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - The Tax Filing Golden ... · 0 replies · +1 points

Hi Mat! Make sure that you're using your exact AGI from LAST year to verify your identity. If you've never filed before, simply enter 0.

70 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - What’s the PATH ... · 0 replies · +1 points

Hi Shea! The IRS will start releasing refunds for taxpayers who claimed the EIC on February 28, 2019. If you chose to have your refund direct deposited into your bank account, you should receive your refund as soon as the IRS releases it. If you chose to have your refund delivered via check in the mail, you can expect several extra days for that refund to arrive.

71 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - Are 1040.com’s P... · 0 replies · +1 points

Hi Gale!

There's actually no age restriction for using the free package on our website. We do offer a product through the IRS free file site that has different requirements, including an age restriction, based on the nature of that specific IRS program.

On our regular site, though, anyone with a simple return, whether 17 or 72, can file for free with 1040.com. Older taxpayers may have more complicated finances that move them up to a paid tier, but that move is based on finances, not age.

Hope this helps!

71 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - Estimated Tax Payment ... · 0 replies · +1 points

You can use Form 1040-ES to calculate your estimated taxes for each quarter: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

72 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - W-2, W-4, W-9: What\'s... · 0 replies · 0 points

Hi Nichole! If you're an independent contractor being hired as a subcontractor, you can use your SSN on your tax forms! See more here: https://www.irs.gov/faqs/small-business-self-empl...

72 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - The Tax Filing Golden ... · 0 replies · +1 points

Thanks for the catch, Jon! First-time filers over the age of 16 enter zero as their AGI: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/electronic-filing...

73 weeks ago @ https://www.1040.com/ - Estimated Tax Payment ... · 0 replies · +1 points

Hi Ray!

Unless you expect to owe at least $1,000 in taxes from your business, you don't have to pay estimated taxes for 2018. You'll still have to report the income on your tax return, though - check out the IRS instructions for estimated taxes for more info: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf