14,327 comments posted · 110 followers · following 0
Hopefully it will one day return to that path.
1. Someone accidentally pressed "delete all" when editing the winner visit video. (A new filming date has to be agreed on -- when the winner gets back from their celebratory around-the-world cruise.)
2. HGTV realized the winning name was accidentally drawn from 2013's online entries. (Now THAT's why it's really important to hit the "delete all" tab -- after each giveaway ends.)
3. The winner is an undercover agent for the CIA whose identity cannot be revealed. (I can identify with that dilemma.)
4. Turns out the winning name was actually drawn from a data entry person's Facebook friends list. (One of the perils of multi-tasking: mixing business with personal social media time.)
5. The family pet wasn't considered eligible after all -- even though your four-legged friend is like part of the family and meets all the other criteria -- age, residence, excluded employers, etc. (I think it primarily has to do with the ability of the IRS to collect the taxes due from the winner.)
I'm sure there are many more creative possibilities to consider....
Vote for your favorite from the top 5, or share one of your own!
Even if I don't happen to stumble onto the long lost amber panels, it seems there's an amazing variety of exciting experiences awaiting in Berlin and southeastern Germany.
I'll pass, however, on repeating Josh Gates' courageous venture into the mucky tunnels of former Nazi bunkers.
So Ho, Ho, Ho, away I'll go, for 'tis the season for plenty of great dining, some exciting showtime adventures and even a triple lucky 7 jackpot!
And that's mighty close to Smart Home 2015!
"Life is full of twists and turns."
Unfortunately, the twist is that no matter where you turn, life's Dream Home reveals happen only once a year -- and never soon enough!
D B Coop
Thankfully, heating bills in the desert cities are very modest. It's the summer A/C bill that knocks people down. For all those woes, I've installed solar panels recently. It's a joy to see those days when the electric company is paying me!
As for the bitter winter weather up North, those that are able spend it in the desert, when our population doubles and out-of-state license plates are the norm.
And to mother nature, I say, "enough is enough." Relent, go gently on the all those suffering your fury in the Great Lakes regions. In the spirit of the upcoming holidays, bless them with a kinder weather forecast, keep them safe, and give them a sincerely needed respite from the storm.